The Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) of the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India, is pleased to announce the NHFDC Scholarship for Differently-abled Students in India, which will provide funding for students pursuing professional courses at India-recognized universities.
The scholarship's major goal is to provide financial aid to differently-abled students so that they can pursue professional or technical courses at accredited institutions and find work or become self-employed.
Every year, 2500 students will get scholarships, with 30 percent of the scholarships dedicated to girls. For a period of ten months in one academic year, the scholarship includes tuition and a monthly living allowance. The allowance will be described in detail below.
|NHFDC Scholarship 2022||Details|
|Name of the Scholarship||NHFDC Scholarship|
|Education Qualification||Pursue Technical and Professional Courses|
|Name of Origination||Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India|
|Deadline||30 June 2022 (Expected)|
|Period of Scholarship Award||10 months|
NHFDC Scholarship 2022
|Class/Course||Maintenance allowance (Rs. per month)||Book/Stationery allowance (Rs. Per annum)|
|Professional Graduate Courses||2500/-||6000/-|
|Professional Post-Graduate courses||3000/-||10000/-|
|Appliance||Estimated cost (up to)||Remarks|
|Brailler / Brailler Typewriter||Rs. 10,000||For blind|
|Laptop or Desktop with Screen reading software||Rs. 40,000||For blind|
|Laptop or Desktop with Screen Magnification software||Rs. 60,000||For low vision|
|Appliance||Estimated cost (up to)|
|Binaural digital programmable hearing aid with annual provision of button cells||Rs 50,000 + Rs 3600 p.a.|
|Cell phone with an SMS SIM card||Rs 5,000|
|WiFi (Blue tooth) laptop or desktop||Rs 70,000|
|Appliance||Estimated cost (up to)|
|Laptop or Desktop||Rs. 40,000|
NHFDC Scholarship 2022-23 Eligibility Criteria
The scholarship is offered to Indian nationals. Applicants who are differently-abled students are eligible for the award, as are applicants who intend to pursue technical and professional courses in any discipline at Indian-accredited schools.
- Attested copies of appropriate certificates/mark sheets for the qualifying examination.
- Proof of annual income — Proof of income includes a parent's or guardian's most recent pay slip, an acceptance of income tax/income certificate from a revenue official/gazetted officer/public representative, such as an MP, MLA, MLC, Panchayat officials, and so on.
- A certified copy of the certificate of disability
- If applicable, a receipt for course fees paid during the academic semester;
- Receipt/Invoice of qualified assistive devices, duly countersigned by the institution's authorised signatory;
- A copy of your Aadhar Card that has been attested
- A copy of the previous year's mark sheet if the scholarship is to be continued in the following year.
Procedures for submitting an application
- Open official website http://www.nhfdc.nic.in/scholarship.html
- Go to the 'Click to Register' page and fill out the form.
- Prepare all of the enclosures in advance.
- After reading all of the instructions, click the Continue to Register button.
- Choose whether you want to apply for a new scholarship or renew an existing one before moving on to the next step.
- To log in, you'll need a username and password.
- Complete all fields and upload all attachments.
- Submit the form by clicking the submit button.
Applications must be submitted to the assigned agency in the required format at any point during the academic year. An electronic version of the application should also be submitted. On receipt of the application, each applicant will be assigned a registration number. The screening committee will review these applications on a quarterly basis, and the scholarship money will be distributed accordingly. On or before the deadline, submit your application for the NHFDC scholarship.
How to Renew an NHFDC Scholarship for the Academic Year 2022-23
Use your Username and Password to access the official website. Update all of the information with the required attachments. Submit the application form on or before the deadline.